An aspect yet unexplored in Warlord 4E is doing Booster Draft tournaments. Of course, in a game that does not offer Booster Packs, it takes an extra step:
- Open a number of decks equal to the number of players (ideal is opening six base set Adventure Path Sets and reuse the rest for the next tournament, potentially bolstering the pool with additional decks).
- Remove the Warlords and set them aside.
- Shuffle the remaining cards (it works best to use a large table and “deal” them into a multitude of stacks, then combine the stacks and repeat the process two or three times).
- Deal out a virtual booster of 9 cards to each player, face-down.
- Follow general booster draft rules (pick one, pass the remaining cards to your right, until no cards are left).
- Repeat this six times (alternating the direction you pass the remaining cards each round), so that each player has 54 cards.
- Give each player time to build a 40-card tournament legal deck.
- Play a tournament and don’t forget to have fun!
In order to facilitate this type of game play, PHOENIX Interactive is offering a special Warlord Booster Draft Kit. It contains 15 Adventure Path Sets for the price of nine (store discounts apply) and a very attractive promo card package for prize support, including the Warlords Gethseme Steelshard, Kerebrus, Loki, Taisia, six copies of the infamous Judge Aeacus as well as a bunch of high gp value Treasure Cards such as Dragon Buckler or Full Plate (the picture only shows them pars pro toto).
This offer is only available to brick & mortar stores and registered gaming clubs and cannot be the first order of either store or club. Clicking the picture brings you right to the order page.