Archive for the ‘Press Releases’ Category
You always hated that you couldn’t hit the barn door from 10 yards away? You might want to put on some proper gear first!
In the past few days I have done some much needed maintenance work on the Cardmasters forum.
Apart from putting in official links to the Alpha version of the Cardmasters Card Spoiler and Deckbuilder (functionally the same as the original UWODB - but now if you are logged in as a member of the Ordo Phoenicis, you can automatically build and save as many decks as you wish!) I have restored the Engl./German forum buttons and updated a bunch of graphics.
While doing this I also changed the user rank system, which originally was derived from another card game. Now each user has the choice, what faction he wants to represent (Ordo members have their own ranks). You start out as a Mercenary on default, but you can opt to join your favorite faction at any time.
All of our events will be held at the Indiana Convention Center, Hall F, Green
- Thursday @ 7:00 pm – Summer Campaign Tournament will be held at tables 43-53 and will cost 2 tickets (Game ID: TCG1017637)
- Friday @ 11:00 am – Doubles Preliminary Tournament will be held at tables 49-59 and will cost 6 tickets (Game ID: TCG1011903)
- Friday @ 7:00 pm – Doubles Finals Tournament will be held at tables 49-51 and will cost 0 tickets (Game ID: TCG1011904)
- Friday @ 7:00 pm – Class is in Session Tournament will be held at tables 68-78 and will cost 2 tickets (Game ID: TCG1017638)
- Saturday @ 11:00 am – Singles Preliminary Tournament will be held at tables 33-43 and will cost 6 tickets (Game ID: TCG1011901)
- Saturday @ 7:00 pm – Singles Finals Tournament will be held at tables 33-35 and will cost 0 tickets (Game ID: TCG1011902)
- Sunday @ 11:00 am – Ancients Tournament will be held at tables 3-8 and will cost 4 tickets (Game ID: TCG1011906)
Game HQ has been added on July 10, 2010.
- May 29: Kubla Con, Burlingame, California (Rich Carter)
- June 5: DiceCon, Collinsville, Illinois (Jon Bancroft)
- June 13: Pop’s Café, Avon by the Sea, New Jersey (Chris Vaccaro)
- June 17: Dragon’s House, Florianópolis, Brazil (Namir Nazir Elias)
- June 26: Pair A Dice Games & Comics, San Diego, California (Steve Collier)
- July 3: University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island (Matthew Velez)
- July 10: Taberna do Dragao, Juiz de Fora, Brazil (Eduardo Cavalcante)
- July 10: Game HQ, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Tobias Clark)
- July 17: Game On Card Shop, Grand Haven, Michigan (Chris Kessler)
- July 17: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Las Vegas, Nevada (Chris Kaplon)
TBD: The Battle Standard, Manchester, Connecticut (Ronald Vasconcelos)
I’ve received a comment or two with people stating they didn’t receive the PDF application from me. At this point in time I have replied to every request that I have received. If you still haven’t received a reply from me, email me again or communicate with me through Cardmasters or Temple of Lore private message (GreenDestiny at both forums).
I have currently had requests from five different countries and from mainly the west and east coasts of the US. If you’re somewhere in the middle of the US, it’s time to bother your local organizer about your interest in being part of the Summer Campaign (don’t worry DieCon, you’re covered). Completed applications are due in by April 30.
To receive the PDF application, please write to me at support(at)warlordccg(dot)com.
In response to a post made on the Temple of Lore I wanted to inform everyone that I have a plan for the Dragon Lord program in mind and that I have posted the framework of that plan on the Cardmasters forum in the Dragon Lord Runners and Tournament Organizers forums. Since I only oversee North America, this plan will only affect that region.
The Dragon Lord Runners thread can be found here: To all North American DL runners and TOs
The Tournament Organizers thread can be found here: To all North American DL runners and TOs
From deep within the swamps come the cries of blood sacrifices. Ancient rites have stirred the long forgotten reptilian gods. Fierce legions of Sutek beat spears against shields, heeding the call of their destiny. Do they have what it takes to emerge from their swamplands and make war in Thessyria?
PHOENIX INTERACTIVE is proud to announce the Surge of the Sutek tournament, where the winner of each event gets to answer the following question:
“Should the Sutek get extended support as a Mercenary subfaction?”
These tournaments will occur the weekends of April 10-11 and April 17-18, in recognition of the ninth anniversary of Saga of the Storm. Sands of Oblivion will be fully legal for Surge of the Sutek events.
Stores and registered clubs will be able to order the participation kit from the online store within a few days of now. The participation kits will consist of one each of APS #1-12, one Treasure Chest, plus twelve copies of the participation card Sir Valance and four copies of the winners’ card Verdigris.
Yeah, so my plan was to post some wizard spoilers but I haven’t figured out how to upload to the blog. It looks all simple and stuff, but I think it’s a privileges thing. I’ll post them in the Ordo forum for now and once I get this figured out I’ll post them here as well.
Please let me begin by thanking Arne for selecting me for the position and by thanking all of you who support that decision. Thank you.
For my first post here on the blog I want to explain a bit about what I am tasked with doing as I understand it. In the position of Assistant Brand Manager I am going to be performing a number of duties, only some of which are the duties of a brand manager.
Foremost I will be the primary customer service liaison for North America. It is beneficial that I live only about 30 minutes away from the warehouse and know Don personally. If there are issues with merchandise not arriving or if there are issues with defective merchandise I have the ability to go to the source and resolve those issues.
I will be the primary voice of Warlord CCG. Arne is still the guy in charge and he will still be communicating with everyone, but I will be a lot more accessible and I will probably post more than he does. I will also be the person working to network with advertising outlets and get the Warlord CCG brand back onto the radar screen of gamers. This also means that I will be communicating to and through fan sites, and I will be providing preview cards and other materials to those sites.
Working with Arne and Design, I will be contributing ideas for new promotional materials and working to keep their distribution effective. I am aware that the current means of getting promos to players has rusted nearly to a halt. As ABM I am going to work towards getting the system active and worthwhile.
I will push to revamp the Ordo so that it becomes something of a fan club. It needs work and I have lots of ideas. There will be a new call for envoys who will receive job descriptions, direction, and empowerment, and who will be the primary directors of the Ordo once it is healthy.
With all of that written, the title of Assistant Brand Manager might seem somewhat ill-fitting but it’s what we’re adopting anyhow.
I will post again in a week or so with some distinct action.
If you need to reach me you may always private message me at the Temple of Lore or on the Cardmasters forum. I read those sites at least five days a week and I will reply to everyone to the best of my ability.